There sure are a lot of trails in the big California state to do your mountain biking. It gets quite overwhelming where to go for a ride as there are a lot of recommendations. There are top places in Cali where you can enjoy the riding activity. In the seasons when the weather is fine, like in spring, summer, and fall, a number of California’s resorts turn into bike parks to cater cycling enthusiasts. Before we dive right into the best areas to mountain bike in California, we should discuss why this is an important outdoor activity and how it can impact us physically and mentally.
The Many Benefits of Mountain Bike Riding:
- Avoids traffic and get to your destination faster.
- Syncs your circadian rhythm letting you have a good, quality night's sleep.
- Reduces signs of aging as it increases oxygen and nutrient circulation to skin cells and releases toxins.
- Regulates your bowel movement
- Powers your brain cells and boosts your memory.
- Boosts your immune system easily fighting off potential illnesses.
- Lowers risk of acquiring life-threatening illnesses such as cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, diabetes, cancers, and obesity.
- Helps in saving the Earth because of its zero-pollution.
- Improves your ability to perform and deal with stress at work or school.
- Helps you in losing or maintaining a healthy weight.
- Continues to burn your extra body fat and get fit.
- Saves you money from gas or commute.
- Enjoys quality time with your family and friends.
- Improves your physical activities, sports, and workouts.
- Gets to meet new people and be sociable.
- Strengthens your lungs and improves your breathing.
- Develops a more positive outlook in life making you happier.
- Reduces your moments of feeling blue, down, or sad.
Now that you know the many benefits of riding a mountain bike, let's tackle some of the best places to ride a bike in Cali.
Top 5 Destinations to Mountain Bike in California:
- Downieville Downhill – It is historically a town of the gold rush that turned into a mountain bike haven. It’s just cool to see mountain bikers gather and pedal their way through the town's natural beauty. This place is bound all summer for their classic race.
- Tahoe Rim Trail – It has a mountain biking friendly view. You need to take a shuttle through the Tunnel Creek Cafe to drop you off at Tahoe Meadows. The Rim Trail then runs through the Flume Trail. You can make your descend back to Tunnel Creek Cafe and enjoy the rest of your ride.
- Mammoth Mountain Bike Park - Given the name, it houses a huge 3,500 acres with over 80 miles of track. This place has a combination of features from beginners for kids, cross-country loops for intermediate, to expert level trails. After your ride, you can head and try their healthy bowls or tacos in their cafes.
- Soquel Demonstration and Forest of Nisene Marks – They are ideal to mountain bikers. The 2,681-acre Soquel trails, just south of Santa Cruz, are filled with thick woods of redwood, tanoak, Douglas fir, and madrone for experienced riders. The nearby west trail, Forest of Nisene Marks, gives something extra to bike rides.
- Northstar Trail - It is west of Lake Tahoe, is a ski resort in winter turned bike park in summer. It presents different trails, features, and lake views. There are cafes and food stops to fuel your day.
Among these, the best place to mountain bike in California is no other than in Downieville Downhill!
There are more reasons why you should definitely go on a mountain bike in Downieville.
A true mountain biker like yourself must have roamed around your home state. Lucky enough if you're in California, housing some of the best bike trails. In case you live in other states and have plans to visit Cali, it's time to give yourself a go on a magnificent trail named Downieville Downhill. Go grab your mountain bike, gear up, and pedal your way through the exhilarating terrain of this place.
When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. You have to be strong, confident, and calm to fully experience the ride here in Downieville Downhill mountain biking trail. It's quite tough it's challenging even for the All-Mountain World Championships competition. For experienced riders, there's a 5,000-foot vertical decline running 17-miles. It's unbelievably huge, tough, but extremely wonderful. After all the adrenaline rush, the sweat, and exhaustion, take pride knowing you made it and be mesmerized by the view of the creeks and waterfalls.
Downieville Classic is definitely one of the best mountain bike racing. To make your ride even more exhilarating, you should choose a heavy-duty, sturdy, reliable, and sleek mountain bike.
Mountain bike riding is an opportunity for you to let yourself loose around the beautiful environment. It keeps you going and measures your capacity to move further. It is a natural remedy when you're feeling blue because of the breathing fresh air, looking at the wonderful greens, sweating, and blood pumping. You are able to explore different places, learn a variety of things, and even meet new people along the way. That sense of freedom, fun, and persistence you get from cycling is one of the most irresistible experiences you will have.